COVID-19 Safety Measures
March 24th, 2020
All of us here at The Upper Hand want to assure you, the client, that we are taking the current situation very seriously. We are working hard to remain open for as long as we are able, during this challenging time, so that we can provide the services you want and need, to help reduce stress and anxiety, which is at a heightened state at the moment. We are monitoring things within our community on a daily basis and will update this page, as frequently as needed, as any changes occur.
Please read over the following measures that we have put in place to ensure your safety as well as our team members.
- All guests are asked to please sign in and immediately visit the rest room to wash their hands, before receiving any service.
- We have incorporated 30 minutes between client services, allowing team members ample time to clean & disinfect their rooms and treatment areas before starting another service.
- Team members are washing their hands before performing any service.
- Team members are washing their hands immediately after completing a service.
- Current recommendations require that all materials that a client comes into contact with be sanitized and disinfected. We have minimized the linens on the tables for massage services and facial services to just the fitted sheet, flat sheet and face cradle cover at this time. Blankets & warming pads have been removed. Rooms are being kept at a comfortable temperature for clients.
- After used linens have been removed the massage/facial table is being washed down with disinfectant as well as all door handles, light switches, cabinets, hot towel cabbies, everything!
- Team members, after removing linens from treatment rooms, will immediately wash thier hands again, before redressing a table for the next client.
- Gloves, face masks and protective eyewear are being worn by team members for facial service or lash service.
- As always, every client receiving nail services has fresh towels.
- Our guest bathroom is being disinfected after every client, including faucet handles, toilet handle, door knobs, everything!
- The front desk is addressed after every client has checked in, including clip boards, pens, countertops and all hard surfaces.
- All team members and guests are being asked to refrain from coming into the spa if they are feeling ill or running a fever, until such time that they are cleared by a doctor.
- Certain services are being temporarily suspended until we feel it is safe to resume them. Please check with a team member for what services we will not be offering at this time.